Current ExhibitionA Third Gender: Beautiful Youths in Japanese Prints
On view through June 11, 2017
Featuring over 65 woodblock prints, as well as paintings, luxury objects and personal ornaments, A Third Gender: Beautiful Youths in Japanese Prints offers a critical artistic and historical context for gender performance and sexual expression in Edo Period (1603-1868) Japan.
Japan Earthquake Relief Fund
We would like to express our deepest condolences and sympathy to those affected by the recent earthquakes that hit Kumamoto. Japan Society accepts contributions to support recovery in Kumamoto and remains active in Tohoku as recovery is ongoing and much remains to be done. We are grateful to all those who have generously supported the people of Japan.
Summer Registration Now OpenRegister early—classes fill up very fast!
- Conversational Japanese
- Late Spring Shodo
- Late Spring Japanese (Level 1)
- Hiragana and Kataka Workshops
- Summer Japanese
- Summer Shodo
- Early Summer English
- A Crash Course for Travelers to Japan
- RT @sdelson: RT @japansociety: Read @sdelson�s evocative @wsj profile about #CharanPoRantan b/4 their 4/24 concert @joespub! https://t.co/9�
- RT @WSWDNYC: .@japansociety hosts a one-night-only show honoring the man who created the sound of Japan's most infamous monster. https://t.�
- RT @Innovators_JS: Excited to welcome Atelier Bow-Wow @japansociety on 5/5. https://t.co/ScAihmsHYy Heard of an architect who started a fis�
- Read @sdelson�s evocative @wsj profile about #CharanPoRantan b/4 their 4/24 concert @joespub!� https://t.co/ORYpdqkxk6
- RT @jeeves7: Meet, mingle & sake at the Japan Society tonight! https://t.co/Z03MfyJjmf @FrenchBoard,@sakeworld,@japansociety,@AsiaSocietyNY�
- RT @JS_Gallery_NYC: "...masterfully crafted woodblock prints... narrate these youths' sexual and romantic relationships" #AThirdGender http�
Stay informed about all Japan Society programs and events.