JAPAN CUTS 2015
Don’t miss a moment of this frenetic 10-day festival filled with outrageous comedies, action epics, heart-wrenching dramas, radical documentaries, brooding romances, psychedelic animation and otherworldly fantasy, plus parties, award ceremonies, drink, food and live music!
Registration Now OpenRegister early--classes fill up very fast.
- New! Shodo for Children
- Summer Open Level Shodo
- Summer Intensive Japanese Weekend
- Summer Conversational Japanese
- Mid-Summer English
- Fall Hiragana and Katakana Workshops
- Fall Japanese-Language Teacher Training
- Miyashita-sensei Language Videos
Stories from the War
Puribooth at Japan Society
The first official Puribooth in New York City is open for business at Japan Society! Puribooth offers visitors the unique opportunity to experience an authentic Japanese photobooth right here in New York City.
Read more . . .
Japan Earthquake Relief Fund
On the 4th anniversary of the Great East Japan Earthquake, Japan Society remembers those who lost their lives and those whose lives have been forever changed by the earthquake, tsunami, and nuclear power plant meltdown. We are heartened by the determination and resilience of the residents of Tohoku.
- Cats Purr-vade Japan's History and Culture
- Christianity In Japan & A Noh Theater Prayer For Peace
- Lessons From Another World: Three Timeless Folktales From Japan
- The Mystery Of Merii of Hama And The Birth Of 'Yokohama Rosa'
- Learning Japanese: Enhance Classes With A Listening and Reading Routine
- Frozen In Time: The Cinematic Legacy Of Japan's 'Eternal Virgin'
- @ShyRuparel only sell out right now is neko samurai. was there another movie you tried?
- RT @japantimes: Osaka celebrates tanabata with 50,000 gently bobbing LEDs http://t.co/naIkwZCfH1 http://t.co/UCvAfTeEtj
- RT @pritheworld: �In a way she became an icon of rural survivalism in Japan,� @rolandkelts, on Japan's most famous cat stationmaster http:/�
- RT @HirokoTabuchi: Late Spring, one of best films ever made, showing this wkend as part of @IFC Ozu retrospective http://t.co/OfZQpIHAeL ht�
- RT @js_film_nyc: Our two big party screenings HIBI ROCK http://t.co/2kSH2pZLmJ & 100 YEN LOVE http://t.co/cAwl2iK73e are going fast! http:/�
- RT @experiencejapan: 11 things every visitor learns in Japan: http://t.co/gC3Qn3oMbG via @RoughGuides http://t.co/0EqTwHDIPB
Stay informed about all Japan Society programs and events.