Language Center Event
Monday, November 3, 7 PM
Coming Soon - Obake Family Day!
In this day-long adventure, families are transported to a magical world where Japan's ghosts, goblins and mystical creatures await you. Kids will meet babbling obake, humorous yokai and other curious creatures from Japan's fantastical body of folklore through storytelling, crafts, film, a haunted house and more!
Registration Now Open
Register early--classes fill up very fast.
- Fall Intensive Japanese Weekend
- Winter Holiday Shodo
- Winter Conversational Japanese
- Miyashita-sensei Language Videos
Garden of Unearthly Delights: Works by Ikeda, Tenmyouya & teamLab
Get acquainted with the works of Manabu Ikeda, Hisashi Tenmyouya and teamLab in this preview of our fall exhibition.
- Kaiseki Cuisine: An Haute Smorgasbord of High-class Healthiness
- Facing Forward, Looking Back: Hisashi Tenmyouya�s 'Street-Samurai' Style
- Meticulously Monumental: Manabu Ikeda�s Dedication to Perfection
- Seeds of 'Unearthly Delights': teamLab's Digital Garden
- Taiko Drumming: The Whole Body Pulse of Japan's Resounding 'Heartbeat'
- Japan and Working Women: The Swelling Wave of Abe�s 'Womenomics'
- RT @JS_BizPol: Don't miss next week's talk by Christophe Weber: Takeda Pharmaceutical Steps Out http://t.co/X54ySVwt4F @japansociety
- #ObakeFamilyDay! RT @tkretchmar I spotted this @japansociety event at @MTCKitchen the other day: http://t.co/2BcEEwH3Vg
- RT @NY_Intl: Tom. @japansociety talks with @melissa_chiu abt Asia�s contemporary #art http://t.co/BouVDcs7Ku
- RT @kyotojournal: Study up on your Japanese ghosts and ogres for Halloween with these fun flashcards by Japan Society! http://t.co/z88IwSOW�
- Got a free hour at lunch tmrw? Try a free trial Japanese lesson 10/30 at Noon! http://t.co/EetUdQZC4Z #learnjapanese #nihonGO
- Halloween in Japan 2014 http://t.co/XvJpw25SNO via @japantimes #costumeideas #obakefamilyday
Japan Earthquake Relief Fund
On March 12, 2011, Japan Society created the Japan Earthquake Relief Fund, a disaster relief fund to aid victims of the Great East Japan Earthquake. One hundred percent of your tax-deductible contributions to the Japan Earthquake Relief Fund go to organizations that directly help victims of the March 11 disaster.
To learn how one grantee is revitalizing local economies in Tohoku, hear first-hand from Haruo Miyagi, the founder and CEO of ETIC.
Stay informed about all Japan Society programs and events.