Exquisite Way: Japanese Aesthetic Principles & Zen Practice
Monday, April 23, 2012
We welcome back Zen priest Bonnie Myotai Treace Sensei, who will give zazen (sitting meditation) instruction and lead an exploration of Zen aesthetic principles.
Topics covered include:
- “Energized Calm” an exploration via koan, poem and scroll of the principle and life practice of seijaku;
- “Simplicity,” the principle of kanso;
- “Absence of Pretense,” the principle of shinzen;
- “Dynamic Relationships,” the principle of fukinsei;
- “Showing More by Showing Less,” the principle of yugen;
- “Articulate Brevity;” the principle of shibumi; and
- “Freedom from Formula,” the principle of datsuzoko.
$5 per class/$25 for the series
Buy Tickets Online or call the Japan Society Box Office at (212) 715-1258, Mon. - Fri. 11 am - 6 pm, Weekends 11 am - 5 pm. Please call the Box Office for the $25 series ticket.
Stay informed about all Japan Society programs and events.