Japan Earthquake Relief Fund
We would like to express our deepest condolences and sympathy to those affected by the recent earthquakes that hit Kumamoto. Japan Society accepts contributions to support recovery in Kumamoto and remains active in Tohoku as recovery is ongoing and much remains to be done. We are grateful to all those who have generously supported the people of Japan.
JAPAN CUTS, North America’s largest festival of new Japanese film returns for its 10th anniversary edition, offering eleven days of impossible-to-see-anywhere-else screenings of the best new movies made in and around Japan with special guest filmmakers and stars, post-screening Q&As, parties, giveaways and much more.
Registration Now OpenRegister early--classes fill up very fast.
- Mid Summer English
- A Crash Course for Travelers to Japan
- Late-Summer Japanese and Conversational Japanese
- Late-Summer Shodo
- Fall Hiragana and Katakana Workshops
- Fall Japanese
- Yukkuri Nihongo: Japanese at a Lesiurely Pace
Commemorating the 5th Anniversary of 3/11
An institution-wide series of programming that examines the post-3/11 recovery and reconstruction process and the tremendous challenges that remain.
- RT @js_film_nyc: Tonite @ 9:30 PM we screen Hitoshi Yazaki�s latest great film: A CAPPELLA! https://t.co/bkloX1jnwV #JAPANCUTS https://t.co�
- RT @NewYorker: Takarazuka, an all-female Japanese theatre ensemble with an exceedingly devoted following, comes to Lincoln Center. https://�
- RT @js_film_nyc: THE SHELL COLLECTOR screening is SOLD OUT however a line for rush tickets will form one hour prior to screening time https�
- RT @js_film_nyc: 2nite is the #JAPANCUTS Centerpiece Presentation of THE SHELL COLLECTOR w dir. Yoshifumi Tsubota & star Lily Franky! https�
- RT @js_film_nyc: We present Lily Franky the CUT ABOVE Award for Outstanding Performance in Film today! @RRN_TW @lilyjinsei #JAPANCUTS https�
- RT @JS_Gallery_NYC: #TBT to "#Serizawa, Master of Japanese #Textile Design" @japansociety , October 2009 � January 2010. https://t.co/PUJP5�
Stay informed about all Japan Society programs and events.