Language Center Event
Registration Now Open
Register early--classes fill up very fast.
- Fall Japanese
- Fall Intensive Japanese Weekend
- Fall Shodo
- Fall English
- Fall Rodoku
- Miyashita-sensei Language Videos
5 Things You Need To Know About The Shamisen
In honor of the upcoming series The Shamisen Sessions at Japan Society, we bring you this video featuring shamisen superstar Yumiko Tanaka demonstrating how this unique Japanese instrument has evolved over the years. Watch and learn!
- Seeds of 'Unearthly Delights': teamLab's Digital Garden
- Taiko Drumming: The Whole Body Pulse of Japan's Resounding 'Heartbeat'
- Japan and Working Women: The Swelling Wave of Abe�s 'Womenomics'
- DEEP CUTS: The Head and Heart of JAPAN CUTS 2014
- JAPAN CUTS Genre Genetics: Diversifying the DNA of Japanese Film
- Learning Japanese at Japan Society: Laughter, Culture & Connection
- RT @scifijapan: 'Dark Side of the Sun' Film Series at Japan Society NY http://t.co/XqzJFXczDt
- RT @nyishikawa: Hickoree's also brought some lovely pieces from Ishikawa http://t.co/oi8LpfTqzk #AllureofIshikawa
- RT @nyishikawa: Art if Travel's beautiful pieces! Made in Ishikawa http://t.co/vphYStqD6H #AllureofIshikawa
- MT @nyishikawa: #AllureofIshikawa tonight @japansociety - delicious samples of our food culture and crafts! #japan #NYC
- Our fall exhibition Garden of #UnearthlyDelights opens in just 10 days! http://t.co/kwlldiYf9S
- "multiple versions of the same retro-yakuza tough guy... with the occasional tiger" http://t.co/MKni0UWErj #Tenmyouya #UnearthlyDelights
Japan Earthquake Relief Fund
On March 12, 2011, Japan Society created the Japan Earthquake Relief Fund, a disaster relief fund to aid victims of the Great East Japan Earthquake. One hundred percent of your tax-deductible contributions to the Japan Earthquake Relief Fund go to organizations that directly help victims of the March 11 disaster.
To learn how one grantee is revitalizing local economies in Tohoku, hear first-hand from Haruo Miyagi, the founder and CEO of ETIC.
Stay informed about all Japan Society programs and events.