Current ExhibitionA Third Gender: Beautiful Youths in Japanese Prints
On view through June 11, 2017
Featuring over 65 woodblock prints, as well as paintings, luxury objects and personal ornaments, A Third Gender: Beautiful Youths in Japanese Prints offers a critical artistic and historical context for gender performance and sexual expression in Edo Period (1603-1868) Japan.
Japan Earthquake Relief Fund
We would like to express our deepest condolences and sympathy to those affected by the recent earthquakes that hit Kumamoto. Japan Society accepts contributions to support recovery in Kumamoto and remains active in Tohoku as recovery is ongoing and much remains to be done. We are grateful to all those who have generously supported the people of Japan.
Spring Registration Now OpenRegister early—classes fill up very fast!
- Weekend Shodo & Late Spring Shodo
- A Crash Course for Travelers to Japan
- Intensive Japanese Weekend
- Conversational Japanese
- Early Summer English
- RT @tmagazine: Otherworldly architecture in Japan's magical mountainside https://t.co/OMda5RsqWS https://t.co/njGBruwDb2
- RT @Jee_vuh: If you like HAUSU, see SCHOOL IN THE CROSSHAIRS at @japansociety on Friday. It's the peak of weirdness: https://t.co/4F5u2W6Bu�
- RT @RocketNews24En: A good reason to take proper care of any samurai swords you have sitting around your home. https://t.co/L6kaaSgZ2Z
- RT @JS_Gallery_NYC: Join @japansociety's book club on 4/1! Mishima's Forbidden Colors sheds light on the gay underworld of postwar Japan ht�
- RT @freddiethekat: #MeetPepper event to start @JapanSociety featuring @SBRAmerica Kenichi Yoshida. https://t.co/Vr259k9EUz
- RT @js_film_nyc: One of the most popular entries in the beloved chanbara series, ZATOICHI THE FUGITIVE, screens on 35mm Fri 4/7 at 7p https�
Stay informed about all Japan Society programs and events.