333 East 47th Street
New York, NY 10017
Box Office Hours:
Monday–Friday, 11 AM – 6 PM
Weekends during exhibitions, 11 AM–5 PM
Telephone: (212) 715-1258
Japan Society Gallery is currently closed for installation of our spring exhibition A Third Gender: Beautiful Youths in Japanese Prints, opening March 10.
Monday–Friday, 9:30 AM–5:30 PM
Open evenings and weekends (times vary) for special events.
Accessibility: Japan Society is committed to offering programs and services that are accessible to all visitors. Public performance spaces, classrooms and restrooms are accessible to everyone.
Box Office Policy:
• All ticket sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges. Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of the management.
• Ticket resale on Japan Society grounds is prohibited.
• Full-time students with a valid Student ID are eligible for student discounts, when available. Please bring a valid Student ID when purchasing or picking up discounted tickets. Please Note: not all events have Student discount tickets.
• Any individual over the age of 65 years is eligible for senior discounts, when available. Please bring a valid ID when purchasing or picking up discounted tickets. Please Note: not all events have Senior discount tickets.
Phone: (212) 832-1155
Box Office: (212) 715-1258
Membership: (212) 715-1270
Language Center: (212) 715-1269
Between First and Second Avenues, a short walk from Grand Central Terminal.
- By subway: and at Grand Central Station; at 51st Street and Lexington Avenue; and the at Lexington Avenue and 53rd Street. Public parking available nearby.
- By bus: M15 to 47th Street, M101 or M102 north on Third Avenue to 47th Street, or crosstown M50 (on weekdays) or M42.