These catalogues are available for purchase at Japan Society and shop.japansociety.org.
Bye Bye Kitty!!! Between Heaven and Hell in Contemporary Japanese Art
• 125 pages; book measures 9 x 10½ in.
• Published by Yale University Press
• Written by David Elliott with a contribution by Tetsuya Ozaki
Bye Bye Kitty!!! PDF Order Form
Serizawa: Master of Japanese Textile Design
• 144 pages; book measures 10 x 9½ in.
• Published by Japan Society and Yale University Press
• Edited by Joe Earle; With contributions by Kim Brandt, Matthew Fraleigh, Shukuko Hamada, Terry Satsuki Milhaupt, Hiroshi Mizuo and Amanda Mayer Stinchecum
Serizawa PDF Order Form
Buriki: Japanese Tin Toys from the Golden Age of the American Automobile, The Yoku Tanaka Collection
• 96 pages; book measures 9 5/8 x 8 in.
• Published by Japan Society
• Written by exhibition curator Joe Earle, Director, Japan Society Gallery
Buriki PDF Order Form
KRAZY! The Delirious World of Anime + Manga + Video Games + Art
• 276 pages, book measures 7.25 x 10 inches
• Published by Vancouver Art Gallery, Douglas & McIntyre and University of California Press
• Written by Bruce Grenville with Tim Johnson, Kiyoshi Kusumi, Seth, Art Speigelman, Toshiya Ueno and Will Wright
KRAZY! PDF Order Form
Making a Home: Japanese Contemporary Artists in New York
• Hardcover and Softcover available
• 224 pages; 202 color illustrations
Making a Home PDF Order Form
Awakenings: Zen Figure Painting in Medieval Japan
• Published by Japan Society, Inc.; distributed by Yale University Press
• 224 pages; 97 color illustrations
• Written by Gregory Levine, Associate Professor of History of Art, UC Berkeley; Yukio Lippit, Assistant Professor of History of Art, Harvard University.
Awakenings PDF Order Form
Little Boy: The Arts of Japan's Exploding Subculture
• Japan Society, New York and Yale University Press, New Haven and London
• Softcover; 288 pages; 500 color illustrations
• Edited by Takashi Murakami; Contributors: Toshio Okada; Kaichiro Morikawa; Noi Sawaragi; Midori Matsui; Alexandra Munroe; Tom Eccles; Katy Siegel; Editing: Chiaki Kasahara; Reiko Tomii; Design: Takaya Goto.
Little Boy PDF Order Form