Circle of Friends
Join Japan Society’s Circle of Friends, a special group of individuals passionate about Japan, its arts and its culture. Comprising of leaders of the art, business and philanthropic communities, our Friends provide vital support that allows us to carry our mission, undertake important initiatives and feature Japan-related programs for people of various backgrounds and ages.
In addition to the opportunity to designate their generous gifts to support Japan Society’s program areas directly, our Friends get a range of special benefits, including invitations to exclusive events, networking opportunities, special offers, behind-the-scenes programs, and access to artists, scholars and other important figures in U.S.-Japan relations.
To learn more, contact Michiko Simanjuntak Grasso, Director of Individual Giving, at (212) 715-1270 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Levels of MembershipPatron Circle ($1,000–1,999)
- Invitations to VIP openings and tours with curators and artists
- Invitations to private receptions with scholars, performers and speakers
- Invitation to the annual New Year’s party
- Opportunity to designate your gift to directly support Japan Society program areas
- Two complimentary exhibition catalogues each year
- Discounts on Corporate Program events
- Invitations to special gallery exhibition previews
- Acknowledgment in Japan Society’s Annual Report
- Free admission to all gallery exhibitions
- Complimentary ticket offers throughout the year
- Discounted tickets to box office events
- Discounts on Japan Society exhibition catalogues
- Discounts on classes at the Toyota Language Center
- Discounts provided by Japan Society Merchant/Restaurant Partners View Merchant/Restaurant Partners (PDF)
- One Individual ($60) gift membership for the person of your choice
- Two complimentary gallery passes for each exhibition
- Subscription to bi-monthly Japan Society Calendar of Events
- Free access to C.V. Starr Library
All Patron Circle benefits plus:
- Invitations to private receptions with corporate executives and visiting dignitaries
- Personal ticket assistance for public programs
- Opportunity to join the Friends of Japan Society Gallery
Members at the Benefactor Circle level and above who designate their contributions to support Japan Society Gallery are invited to join the Friends of Japan Society Gallery and participate in exclusive Japanese art events.
Learn more about Japan Society’s Friends supporter groups
Leadership Circle ($5,000–9,999)
All Benefactor Circle benefits plus:
- Opportunity to join Japan Society’s President’s Dinner
- Priority seating at Japan Society events (on request)
John D. Rockefeller 3rd Circle ($10,000 and above)
Honoring John D. Rockefeller 3rd (President and Chairman of Japan Society, 1952–1978) and his legacy of leadership. Major individual contributions at $10,000 and above help sustain and extend Japan Society’s mission and are recognized at the highest level.
Recent and Upcoming Event Highlights:
- Reception and open rehearsal for Project IX-Pleiades with dancer Megumi Nakamura, percussionist Kuniko Kato, and choreographer Luca Veggetti
- President’s Dinner at Gramercy Tavern with Executive Chef Michael Anthony and Chef Michael Romano
- Dress rehearsal of American Ballet Theatre’s Shakespeare Celebration at The Metropolitan Opera House
- Private viewing of the exhibition teamLab: Ultra Subjective Space at PACE
- Farewell reception for Japan Society Gallery’s 2014 Summer Artist-in-Residence, Cyoko Tamai
- Exhibition walkthrough of Other Primary Structures 2 at The Jewish Museum
- VIP opening of Garden of Unearthly Delights: Works by Ikeda, Tenmyouya and teamLab
- Annual Oshogatsu (New Year’s) celebration
Image at top: VIP Opening for Silver Wind: The Arts of Sakai Hōitsu (1761-1828). Photo © Alan Klein.