333 East 47th Street
New York, NY 10017
Please review the entire list of visitor policies and safety protocols. By purchasing a ticket and visiting Japan Society, you and your party are agreeing to abide by all Japan Society policies and safety protocols. Visitors who violate these policies may be asked to leave Japan Society without refund.
Thursdays—Sundays, 11 AM—5 PM, with timed tickets
Closed Monday—Wednesday and on major holidays, including Sunday, July 4.
Please Note: 11 AM—12 PM on Thursdays and Fridays are reserved for members and high-risk vulnerable populations only.
Box Office Hours (Email & Phone Only)
Monday—Sunday, 11 AM—5 PM
Telephone: (212) 715-1258
Box Office Policy
- All ticket sales for online events are final. There are no refunds or exchanges.
- Ticket resale on Japan Society grounds is prohibited.
- Full-time students with a valid Student ID are eligible for student discounts, when available. Please bring a valid Student ID when purchasing or picking up discounted tickets. Please Note: not all events have Student discount tickets.
- Any individual over the age of 65 years is eligible for senior discounts, when available. Please bring a valid ID when purchasing or picking up discounted tickets. Please Note: not all events have Senior discount tickets.
Phone: (212) 832-1155
Box Office: (212) 715-1258
Membership: (212) 715-1270
Language Center: (212) 715-1269
Between First and Second Avenues, a short walk from Grand Central Terminal.
- By subway: and at Grand Central Station; at 51st Street and Lexington Avenue; and the at Lexington Avenue and 53rd Street. Public parking available nearby.
- By bus: M15 to 47th Street, M101 or M102 north on Third Avenue to 47th Street, or crosstown M50 (on weekdays) or M42.